Feel Safe at the Dentist. Our office Protocols during Covid -19
At Dental Health Centre, we strictly following all Protocol from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons and Toronto Public Health. Here is what you can expect from our office. We can ensure that you can feel safe and confident passing through our doors to allow your oral health a priority once again.
Before Your Dental Appointment
When you speak to one of our staff members, whether they are calling to confirm an appointment or you are calling us to make one:
- You will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sore throat.
- You will be asked if you have been in contact with anyone or been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you have a cough or cold, your appointment may be rescheduled.
When You Arrive at Our Dental Office
To avoid a waiting room full of people and to maintain social distancing measures, the following protocols will be conveyed to each patient:
- Limit the people who accompany you to our office unless you require their help.
- Call the office upon your arrival and wait in your vehicle. We will call you when it is your turn to be seen.
- Wear a mask when you enter our dental office.
- Expect to have your temperature checked and another COVID-19 symptom screening.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering.
Precautions We Are Taking
Your health and safety is behind every move we make, and there are many ways our staff is being cautious behind the scenes and in front of patients. The very minimum precautions we take every day include:
- Temperature checks.
- Screenings for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Hands are washed before and after every patient.
- Masks are worn at all times
- During procedures, staff wear N95 masks, gloves, protective eyewear, protective clothing, gowns and face shields as required.
- Doors have been placed on all operatory’s and high efficiency air filters are placed in each room.
How our office is disinfected and cleaned throughout the day
Cleaning happens continuously throughout the day:
- All surfaces are cleaned and disinfected in between patients, including exam chairs and headrests and armrests, dental radiograph equipment, dental chairside computer and keyboards, reusable containers of dental materials, drawer handles, faucet handles, countertops, pens, telephones, and more.
- All dental equipment is properly transported to the sterilization area and thoroughly and meticulously cleaned.
- All surfaces are wiped down daily, including the front desk and the waiting room.
- Periodically throughout the day, the waiting room, door handles, light switches, outside chairs, restrooms, and checkout spaces are wiped down.
Why You Should Feel at Ease at Your Toronto Dentist
You might need a little more patience as these new protocols become the norm, but a few extra minutes of waiting and a few extra steps are worth the level of protection these protocols deliver.
The staff at Dental Health Centre may be a lot more covered up than we used to be, but who we are has not changed. Dr. Kutzko is still your trusted Toronto Dentist. His staff are still the people you know and appreciate for their gentleness, caring, kindness, and efficiency.
We are doing everything to keep you safe and make you feel safe during these uncertain times. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.